Frequently Asked Questions
Delivery And Setup
Our fleet is ready to deliver any size order when and where you need it. Our talented and experienced team can setup everything you need from a small get together to fully tented outdoor extravaganza.
Can I Pick Up My Items?
Absolutely. Stop on by and our staff will load your items, help secure anything, and walk you through the entire process.
What Is Your Area Of Delivery And Serivce?
With two wine country locations we are able to provide five star services for any client in San Luis Obispo county.
In addition, we are willing to travel, and have provided our five star service as far North as Monterey and as far south as Santa Barbara.
Party Reservation Policies
1.) Taylor Rental seeks to create as many cherished memories as possible through the supplying of our party items, decorations, and tents. We therefore ask for contractual commitments to guarantee a superior quality of products and service for all of our customers.
- To secure a reservation the customer is required to pay a 30% retainer (i.e. down payment) and submit a credit card to be placed on file. The retainer will eventually go toward the total bill, and is non-refundable. Any cancellation of a reservation once made will result in the forfeiture of the retainer.
- All party reservations may be altered up to 2 weeks prior to the event, at which point the customer is required to pay a 100% retainer (i.e. down payment). If no other payment is given, the retainer will be charged to the customer’s credit card on file.
- Any changes made to a reservation following the two week barrier that reduces the rental contract total, including reductions of items or the cancellation of tents/stages/dancefloors, will not be reimbursed. In addition, a full cancellation of any reservation within two weeks of the event will result in a forfeiture of 100% of the retainer (i.e. down payment).
- All party reservations made within 2 weeks of an event require a non-refundable 100% retainer to secure a reservation.
2.) Taylor Rental guarantees accurate counts of our inventory for our customers by renting out specific items in predetermined bundles, racks or packages.
- Plates, Glassware, Flatware, and Napkins are rented out by the rack or bundle only.
3.) Taylor Rental offers specialty linen options for those seeking a more sophisticated event. These linens are reserved through separate companies. Therefore, special order linens have unique rental policies.
- All special order linen reservations must be made at least 1 full week in advance.
- In addition, all special order linen reservations require a non-refundable 100% retainer (i.e. down payment).
4.) Taylor Rental can deliver your event to you.
- Delivery fees are calculated based on the number of vehicles and crew needed to deliver and pick up the items as well as the driving time from the store and back on two separate dates.
- Deliveries include drop off of your items within 20ft of the parked delivery vehicle. If you wish for us to carry the items further or set up tables and chairs, we charge an additional labor fee will be charged per hour per man. If we set up/ take down chairs or tables, an additional fee will be charged for each item set-up &/or taken down.
- Due to our safety standards we must deliver and set up all tents, dance floors, stages, pipe-drape boothing, carpet & astroturf, string lights, and rustica furniture. Additional fees will be charged for set up and delivery of complex or heavy items.
- If we deliver at a time outside regular business hours (i.e. weekends or after 5pm- before 8am) or if there are difficult road conditions that force us to drive very slowly (i.e. bumpy dirt roads, excessive surrounding foliage), the delivery fee will increase relative to the size of the order, complexity of the delivery, (time/day/month, etc.).
- Delivery and pickup times are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis. Deliveries and pickups are scheduled in either the morning or afternoon time slots. We offer delivery Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at (8am-noon or 1pm-5pm). We must receive full payment before leaving the store. Pickups are scheduled for Mondays and Tuesdays at (8am-noon or 1pm-5pm).
Additional Rental Policies
Tents larger than a 20 x 20 require a site check to ensure that they can be set up safely (i.e. on level ground) & that there is access to a water spicket within 150 feet of the site. If the client declines water barrels, an additional charge will be added per stake or per 450 lb. concrete wine barrel used. Additional charges will also be added to hang tent siding, install a french doors, or to coordinate and pay for a San Luis Obispo county fire permits. Additional charges will also be added to lay down carpet &/or astroturf for a tent. Carpet &/or astroturf can only be set up on limited surfaces.
Dance Floors can only be set-up on level ground and may require a site check. If the dance floor is set up on grass, we must charge for plywood underlayment. Dance floors must be kept dry at all times. Water absorbed by the wood will bow and destroy a dance floor. In addition, dance floors cannot be set up on or near sand, gravel or decomposed granite. Gravel, sand, or pebbles will scratch the oak/vinyl of a dance floor & destroy the finish. DWC does not protect the client from preventable water damage, excessive wear from surrounding abrasive ground surfaces, or any substance attached to the floor by a client.
Stages can only be set-up on relatively level ground and may require a site check. Stage legs come in a Standard 24” height. The prices for a stage may vary based upon the labor required to adjust the lengths of the legs for uneven ground, customize the height of the stage, or add stairs &/or safety guard rails.
Linen is a fragile inventory item and as such carries with it special considerations that the customer is responsible for. At Taylor Rental Damage Waiver Coverage (DWC) does not protect the client from preventable damage of any linen. The customer is responsible for the full replacement cost of the linen in the case that the linen is permanently torn, cut, damaged, stained, or discolored by misuse, wine, chocolate, food, candy, gum, candle wax, bleach, stickers, silly string, party favors, excessive heat or embers from any source.
String lighting can only be set-up in limited arrangements and may require a site check.
Pipe & Drape:
Pipe and drape must be delivered and can only be set-up in limited arrangements. Pipe and Drape boothing may require a site check.
We were so happy with all of our rentals from Taylor Rentals! Katie was an absolute sweetheart, and our wedding was amazing thanks to their rustic iron arch, wine glasses, cloth napkins, etc.! We definitely recommend them for all of your rental needs.
- Danielle | Wedding Wire
For years I've used Taylor for my work's event needs. Words cannot describe how great their staff (De Ana rocks!) is. They've got an array of styles, sizes and colors for any of your event ideas. Delivery and pick up is always timely and it's also great to go to the showroom and check things out.
- Brandi | Yelp
Taylor Rental Party Plus is always a pleasure to work with!
- Amanda | Yelp
The employees are very helpful and lovely people. As in regards to merchandise they have quite a good selection and good range of prices according to your budget.
-Zuleyma | Google
Brand New Inventory
Modern Lounge Bench
Wine Barrel Ice Tub
Rustica Wicker Heaters
Galvanized Metal Rolling Drink Cart
Wine Barrel Cocktail Table with Wood Top & Umbrella
Wine Barrel Bar
Chateau Cream Plate
Vintage Cream Cake Knife & Server Set